Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Lasagna Rolls

1 lb of Jimmy Dean Sausage
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
3/4 package of Lasagna noodles (cooked)
1 package of cream cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup of shredded cheese of choice

Preheat oven to 350
Cook noodles, do not over cook though- or they will fall apart!
Brown sausage and drain off fat
Add meat to pan, place softened cream cheese and bell pepper into pan. Allow it to heat up, but not letting the cream cheese melt totally. You want a thick filling.
Cut noodles in half, place 1 spoonful of mixture into the noodle and roll it up. Place it seam side down into a baking dish. Cover with sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is at it's desired look.  Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving!

You could also add other ingredients to the filling- according to your likes. I actually didn't have bell peppers so I used a can of rotel (drained) and it was great! It added a kick to it.

My friend Amber gave me the recipe. They were a big hit at both parties that I cooked them for! Next time I make them I will take a picture to add to this post!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails