Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I got this recipe from Southern Plate.

D & I love, love, love the lettuce wraps from P.F Changs. I have wanted to make them at home for a long time, but most of the recipes I find online have about 50 ingredients. So, when I saw this one I knew I had to give it a try. It was super duper easy & extra yummy!




3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can substitute leftover chicken or turkey – about three cups
3 green onions
Small can water chestnuts
1 Cup mushrooms
2 T brown sugar
3 T Soy Sauce
Rice Sticks and oil to cook them in
Head of lettuce to serve them in





In large skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cut into pieces, and cook while stirring until cooked through. While chicken is cooking, finely dice mushrooms, water chestnuts, and green onions. Remove chicken from heat after it is done and dice.
Combine soy sauce and brown sugar, stir well. Add chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and green onions back to skillet. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
Rice Sticks:
Place one to two inches of oil in a small sauce pot. Heat over medium heat for several minutes. Break off  a handful of rice noodles and drop into pot, immediately removing to a paper towel lined plate when they puff up.
Serve chicken mixture in lettuce leaves, topped with crunchy rice noodles. Eat 

For photos of the recipe step by step & even a video of how to cook the rice noodles be sure to check out Chicken Lettuce Wraps – y’all! on Southern Plate.

***I made a larger portion the recipe called for. There never seems to be enough of this goodness when you eat it in the restaurant.
I also used frozen chicken, which I boiled with chicken broth, minced garlic, pepper & a few dashes of soy sauce instead of salt.

3 comments:

aims said...

how was this? Did y'all like it? Sounds like something I'd love to try.

~Crystal~ said...

They were amazing & I am thinking about making the chicken mix & serving it over rice.

The accidental cook said...

I just discovered your blog. The chicken wrap sounds delicious, I'll try it soon. I also have a cooking blog ifyoucaneatyoucancook.blogspot.com

maybe you can check it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails