Monday, December 10, 2007

Chocolate Dipped Snowballs


Gretchen sent in this goodie.

I made these the other day. Everyone loved them. (I didn't get to try one~ they were all gone before I got a chance hehe)

Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: 2 doz. or 24 servings, one ball each
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 pkg. (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
5 cups POST HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS with Almonds Cereal (I used Corn Flakes)
1 container (7 oz.) BAKER'S Real Dark Semi-Sweet Dipping Chocolate (I used semi-sweet Chocolate chips and melted them)


MELT butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook 5 min. or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal. Cool slightly.
SHAPE into 24 balls with moistened hands. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet; cool completely.
HEAT dipping chocolate as directed on container. Dip top of each ball in chocolate; return, dipped-side up, to baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 min. or until chocolate is firm. Cover and refrigerate remaining dipping chocolate.

1 comment:

JBRITTAIN said...

These are wonderful! I took them to a party and everyone raved about them. (I prefer to melt everything in the microwave instead of using the stovetop). I made smaller portions, too. Better than Rice Krispie Treats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails