Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sweet Potato Casserole

My grandmother make this casserole for years, until she passed it down to my mother. My mom used to make this casserole every year. The last three years, the task has fallen to me, and I have enjoyed knowing that I have been entrusted with a family recipe! I hope you enjoy it too! There are never leftovers! And the pecans on top come out candied and yummy!

2 lg. cans sweet potatos
1 lg. can Pet milk
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
3 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2- whole box brown sugar
whole pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Drain sweet potatos into a large mixing bowl.
Add pet milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and three shakes of salt.
Cream ingredients and put in a baking dish.
Fill dish 3/4 full.
Place whole pecans on top of casserole.
Mix butter and brown sugar and spoon or pour over pecans.
Bkae for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails