Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Carrot Souffle

When I was younger, my parents often took us to Picadilly Restaurant. They served a carrot souffle. My parents had to force me to try it, but once I did I was hooked! Last year I found a copy cat recipe, and have been making it for holidays ever since.

2 lbs. carrots, boiled and chopped (you can use canned carrots)
1/2 c melted butter
1 c. sugar (May need to add a tad more)
3 tbsp. self-rising flour
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. powdered sugar (for dusting)

Preheat oven to 350.
Mash carrots.
Add butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, and eggs to mashed carrots.
Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

I HAD IT, I HAD IT!!!!...I went to Karl's grandmama's for Thanksgiving and she had it...but it was from Dale's Grill by Picadilly in Hoover...it was SOOO good!

Vickie said...

I ate some at one of our Nifty Over Fifty Dinners and it is AWESOME!!!!

Nicole said...

I'm cooking this right now!!!! I sampled it before I baked it and it tasted yummy... I can only imagine how yummy its going to taste once its cooked :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails