Saturday, May 20, 2006

Texas Potato Casserole

Maryland Mommy has shared this one with us.


1 (32 oz.) bag of (cubed) frozen hash browns (thawed)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 (6 oz.) sour cream
green onion (finely chopped) to taste
1 stick butter

Mix all ingredients (except butter) in a large bowl. Spread mixture
into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Melt stick of butter
& pour over mixture. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Super YUMMY & very EASY to make!!! You can use low-fat versions of the soup & sour cream to give it a few less calories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is a great side dish for any event! I could eat it just as a meal alone though! No real exciting story about it other than it is my mom's recipe & it is awesome! I always think of her when I make it!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I made this one for memorial weekend too. My husband said that if he thought he could've gotten away with it, he would have just eaten this! It was so good! It was almost like mashed potatos with a killer flavor! I did sprinkle a little cheese on top.

Related Posts with Thumbnails