Saturday, May 20, 2006

Coke Cake

This recipe is from Renee.

2 c. Sugar
2 c. Self- rising Flour
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. Coke
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk

~Mix together sugar, flour and baking soda. Set aside. Melt butter,
shortening and add Coke, cocoa and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are
melted. And to dry ingredients. Mix well. Add beaten eggs and buttermilk.
Bake at 350 degrees in a long pan that you want to serve it in!

Icing

6 Tbsp. Coke
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1 box powered sugar (white)
1 tsp. Vanilla

~Bring Coke, cocoa, and butter to a boil. Add powered sugar and mix well add
vanilla. Put icing on cake while icing is still hot! And enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*** Ok, do any of you have a recipe in your house that you inherited from
your husbands mommy? This is the one thing I was informed by his mom I
needed to know how to make because he likes it for any and every occasion
Birthday, anniversary, my birthday, happy Thursday, LOL. Its also one of
those recipe's that his mom will always make better than me....But I will
die trying to prefect it! :) My husband loves it when I make it and has never
said anything about it other than how delicious it is, but I wonder if in
the back of his mind, he is comparing it to his moms! LOL :) Well if any one
tries it let me know what you think! It is really yummy!
Renee

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails