Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cheesy Chicken Casserole

This one comes from Maryland Mommy.
Here is another family favorite of ours! A friend at my old place of work gave me this recipe but I tweeked it to make it fit our family.


1 lb. pasta (bow tie or shell)
2 large cans of white chicken breasts (drained) or
2 large cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
1 family size can cream of mushroom soup
1 family size can cheddar cheese soup
1 small can sliced mushrooms (drained)
1/3 cup milk
green onions (diced) to your liking
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients (except shredded cheese) in a bowl
while pasta is cooking. NOTE: Cook pasta a couple minutes less than normal since it will be cooked again in the oven. Then add cooked pasta
& mix well. Spread mixture in greased 9 x 13
glass dish & sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

*Omit mushrooms & green onions & it becomes very kid-friendly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this one day last week and had to comment - my very picky family LOVED it. It was a big hit. And a big meal - I shared the leftovers with my sister-in-law and they loved it too. Thanks Maryland Mommy for the recipe and thanks to Crystal for "The Recipe Place"!
~Monica

Related Posts with Thumbnails