Friday, August 06, 2010

Southwestern Couscous

My friend Traci talked about this recipe on Facebook & it sounded so good, I knew I needed to have it. Here it what she sent me.....

This is mine and Matt’s favorite – throw stuff we had in the pantry and freezer recipe.  I have it typed out for normal people, but I put what we actually do in parenthesis.

1 box couscous (10 ounces)
3 tablespoons olive oil (I leave this out)
2 tablespoons lime juice (I like lime, so I use more)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (I used more)
1 bag of Bird’s Eye Pepper Mix
1 can of Rotel
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I used more)
1 cup frozen corn kernels or a can of Mexicorn
1 can of black beans, drained and washed (depends on my mood if I want this)



1. Bring water (1/2 the amount recommended on Couscous package), olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, peppers mix, corn, rotel, and chopped cilantro to a boil.  Stir in couscous. Cover the pot and remove it from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. (or according to box / package directions)


2. Drain and rinse the black beans in cold water, making sure to rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to couscous mixture.


3. Fluff your couscous with a fork, making sure to break up all chunks before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Can be served: warm wrapped in a tortilla with the following.....cheddar cheese, fajita meat, fish, chicken
or whatever strikes you




.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails