Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cracker Toffee

My friend, Amy sent me the recipe for this sweet treat! She makes it every Christmas Eve & it's very addicting!




First, line (foil covered) baking pan with saltine crackers--so they all touch
but don't overlap.

Ingredients:

1 c. brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 bag mini chocolate chips
1 - 2 cups of chopped nuts (I like pecans)

Boil brown sugar & butter for 3 minutes & pour over all the crackers.

Bake @ 375 for 5 minutes

As soon as the pan comes out of the oven, sprinkle on mini chocolate chips &
chopped nuts. Fridge for 2 hours & then time to EAT! Just cut where you see
the crackers. So easy & so yummy!

***Also, I have used peanut butter chips & white chocolate chips instead of
chocolate chips--all were yummy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Y'all...I thought this was a Texas recipe as we used to make it all the time in Dallas. I now live in California & it is such a crowd pleaser & so easy. We call it "Cracker Candy"! I never used the foil in the bottom of the cookie sheet either & it still comes out fine. Enjoy! Great recipe! Lindsy

Related Posts with Thumbnails