Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Easy Lo Mien





This Kraft dressing is a new discovery & a prized one!

You can just eat it over some pasta. But I made some Lo Mien with it.

Here's what I used:

Lo Mien noodles
The Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
Shrimp
Green onions
Shredded cabbage (I bought the already shredded cole slaw kind)
Minced Garlic
Salt & Pepper

The shrimp was already cooked, but frozen so I just heated them up in the skillet & set to the side.
Then I took the green onions, cut into long pieces & the cabbage & placed them in the pan with a touch of oil. I cooked them until they were cooked down. Towards the end I added the garlic, salt & pepper & some of the dressing. While this was cooking, I boiled the noodles & drained them. When the onions & cabbage were basically where I wanted them, I tossed in the shrimp & more dressing. And lastly added the noodles & more dressing. You have to use the dressing to taste, since it can be a bit strong, that is why I added it in stages. You can add as much as you like.

Daniel kept saying it was better than any Lo Mien he has eaten in a restaurant. It was pretty fabulous if I do say so myself!

You can make this without meat or make it with Chicken. Whatever your heart desires. It's a quick easy way to prepare Chinese food without all the tons of ingredients.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought to use it in Lo Mein. We have had that dressing up here some time now. I used to buy a similar kind at the Japanese store. I love it!

Nicole said...

I will definitely try this... it looks and sounds yummy!

Shionge said...

Hey....you are so smart and sure looks yummy better than my stir-fry noodles :D

Jamie said...

I used it to bake chicken last night and there were no leftovers!! It was super good!

Vickie said...

This stuff is DELICIOUS!! This dressing is also yummy on salad.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this one. YUM-O!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessika said...

My husband LOVES Lo Mein, but I can only cook really simple foods, but this seems simple enough and I can't wait to try this!! He is going to be trilled! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails