Monday, May 21, 2007

Broccoli Salad



This recipe comes from Staci.
My MIL makes this and its wonderful. I made some tonight and could have eaten just that for supper!

1 Large bunch of raw Broccoli cut from stalk into small florets
1 Cup of Mayo
1/2 Cup of Sugar (or splenda)
2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup of white raisins
Cashews/Almonds *Optional*
Bacon (Cooked Crispy) *Optional*

Place all ingredients (except broccoli) into a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Mix well and Pour over broccoli. Ready to eat right away- or make the day before and allow flavors to mix in fridge. Great light tasting salad! Perfect for the summer!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Ahhh- I make this same thing except I put cauliflower, eggs, tomatoes, and a little onion in mine, too funny. This is the one thing though I think I will never be able to eat again due to eating it during one of my morning sickness moments. I'm actually surprised I can even talk about it now. Ok, so totally shouldn't share that on a recipe blog- sorry. BUT It is very yummy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails