Sunday, June 11, 2006

Italian Chicken Rolls

Another one from Jamie.

I got this recipe when I worked at the local ABC
affiliate as a producer. One my co-workers and
anchor, Pam Huff, gave it to me. It has an excellent
taste! The only downer is, it takes some time to
prepare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 defrosted chicken breast
4 slices deli meat (prosciutto or Soppressato are best
and can be found in Bruno's deli section)
2 slices provolone cheese
1-1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
olive oil
salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven 350.
Place raw chicken on plastic wrap and cover with more
plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to thin chicken for
roll.
Lay out chicken and season side facing you with salt
and pepper.
Layer each breast with deli meat and provolone.
Carefully roll-up each breast and secure with
toothpick.
Salt and pepper the outside.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and garlic for 2-3
minutes.
Sautee each chicken roll until cheese starts to melt
and the outside is browned.
Transfer to glass baking dish and cook uncovered for
20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I am going to try this. I love Provolone cheese.

Related Posts with Thumbnails