Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mom's Bar-b-que Pork

My Mom has shared this recipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 lrg. Boston Butt (or pork roast)
1 tbsp. garlic salt
1 tbsp. seasoning salt (Lowry's or McCormick's)
1 cup water
1 bottle of Kraft original barbeque sauce (or whatever your favorite is)

Put all the above in crockpot, except the barbeque sauce and cook on high for 8 hours or until the meat just falls apart. After it is done I take it out of pot and shred the meat up or you can chop it if you prefer. Then I will pour a bottle of my favorite barbeque sauce over the meat and toss it together. I use Kraft Original. This barbeque is so good and tender you don't even have to chew it. Throw it on a bun and eat it with chips and baked beans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use to take turns with some of the women in our church cooking for our Pastor and his wife. She had a disease called Huntington's Chorea and she was only able to eat soft foods because she would get choked. When it came my time to cook I would ask her what she wanted and she would say, "You know what I want! Your Bar-B-Que and a Mississippi Mud Cake!"
This is also one of my son's (Keith) favorites. I had to tell his wife, Lindy how to make it as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONFUSED!

Ok so do you put all the ingred. in including the Bque sauce and then use a 2nd bottle?

~Crystal~ said...

Sorry Mel,
No you put all of ingredients EXCEPT the sauce. I just edited the recipe. Thanks for pointing that put to me.

Anonymous said...

Add a little liquid smoke and this recipe taste like you slow cooked it on the grill. Yummy! !Amber

Related Posts with Thumbnails