Friday, May 26, 2006

Corn Chowder

Sarah sent this one in.

This is one of my favorite kinds of soup. My mom gave me this recipe because she always used to make it for us when we were growing up. I have always loved cream soups and this one is so delicious on a cold day. As a added bonus, it is pretty easy for a homemade soup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups of milk
1 can of cream corn (17 ounces)



Saute onion, celery, and margarine for about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper. Cook for another five minutes. Slowly add milk, allowing to thicken. When soup had reached desired consistency, add can of corn. For even better flavor, add some crumbled pieces of bacon or cubed ham. It is also awesome to put into a crockpot and let the flavors simmer together recipe This is for 4 servings. When I make it for Gabe and I, I times it by 4 or 5 and we finish it in two days.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails