Monday, July 21, 2008

Bisquick Chicken Fingers

This comes from Jenny, a friend of mine who I recently reconnected with. Here's how to prepare it:

INGREDIENTS:
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips (sometimes you can find prepackaged chicken fingers for less than the regular packaged ones, and it's less work!)
2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt (I like the garlic salt)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted (I actually don't use this...I think it makes them more crispy if you don't).

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Line cookie sheet with foil.
Spray with cooking spray.
In 1-gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika.
Dip half the chicken strips into egg.
Place in bag of Bisquick mixture.
Seal bag; shake to coat.
Place chicken on cookie sheet.
Repeat with remaining chicken.
Drizzle butter over chicken (again, optional).
Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through the time, until no longer pink in center (I usually go the 14 mins if they are bigger, just to be safe).

These are a good alternative if you can't fry/don't like to fry, want something a little healthier, and love chicken fingers (i.e. me)! This seriously is one of my favorite things to make - takes less than 20 mins. I would have it every week if it were my choice!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails