Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

There are no measurements in this recipe because it's my Mom's & she is what she calls a "dump cook." She just dumps stuff in a pot & it always turns out good. I grew up eating this recipe & whenever my friends would come over they always requested it.

Bell Peppers
Ground beef
Rice
Tomato juice
Salt
Pepper
Garlic salt.

Take ground beef, rice & seasonings & mix together. You can add as much rice to this as you want. I prefer lots of rice, plus it makes the meal stretch. Mom uses less rice. After cutting the tops off the bell peppers & cleaning them, stuff beef mixture in them. I use 2 bell peppers, just because I like the flavor of the pepper but not the pepper itself. You can stuff as many peppers as you like. I also make porcupine balls with the rest of the beef mixture. Put into a put & pour in the tomato juice. Also add enough water to cover the peppers. Cover with a lid & cook on medium-low heat for about an hour & 1/2. Take a pepper & cut in half to make sure the meat & rice are done. Uncover & let simmer for a little while so the tomato juice will thicken making a gravy. You can also add crushed tomatoes along with the tomato juice. This is also a dish that can be made in a slow-cooker,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails