Saturday, March 28, 2009

Taco Salad

My new favorite thing to make... easy and great for the summer when you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove!

You'll need:
Taco Seasoning (1 pack)
Hamburger meat
Black beans (1 can)
Pinto beans (1 can)
Shredded lettuce (i use a bag of the preshredded lettuce - 1 is plenty for us)
Shredded cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Corn chips
guacomolie dip

I'm sure there's all sorts of things you can add but this is what I normally do :)

Cook hamburger meat, drain and add taco seasoning as directed then set aside

Rinse and drain pinto and black beans then stir in salsa

In a large bowl you'll layer everything

1. Add corn chips
2. Add hamburger meat
3. Add cheese
4. Add bean mixture
5. Add lettuce

repeat... of course you can do this in any order.

I leave the sour cream and guacomolie on the side.

I've served this at a few party's and its always a big hit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails