Thursday, December 04, 2008

Pumpkin Rolls

My friend, Jennifer makes these every Christmas season. I am not a fan of pumpkin, and tasted it just to be nice one year. Well, I was surprised and happy to discover that this is delicious and not very 'pumpkiny!' I may try making one in the next week! If I do, pictures will be coming!

3 lg eggs
2/3c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. soda
powdered sugar
1c. sugar
3/4c. flour
1tsp. cinnamon
1 tea towel

Beat eggs and sugar well.
Add pumpkin, then flour,soda and cinnamon; mix well.
Pour into a well greased and floured (I use bakers joy) cookie sheet that has small sides.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Reduce temp to 325 if using a black coated cookie sheet.
Watch carefully and do not overbake or the cake will crumble (I check mine with a toothpick like you would a cake).
Cool for a few minutes only.
Sprinkle an area of powered sugar over the tea towel the size of the cake (I don't sprinkle I cover because it is what keeps the cake from sticking to the towel). Loosen edges of cake with a knife and flip pumpkin cake onto the tea towel.
Roll up cake in the towel and let stand one hour (I put lots of powered sugar on the top of the cake before I roll it up, it keeps it from sticking to itself). Unroll and spread cake with filling mixture

Filling:
1 (8oz.) pkg softened cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tspl. softened margerine
1 c. powdered sugar ---- you can add chopped pecans and stuff here

Combine cream cheese, margarine, powderes sugar and vanilla.
Spread over cake; add the nuts here if you want too.
Wrap in foil (I coat this too with powdered sugar to keep from sticking) and put in the fridge.
Slice to serve.
It can be frozen for later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails