Monday, August 25, 2008

Heavenly Cream Cheese Icing


Sophie just celebrated her first birthday and to help celebrate the occasion, I made her a homemade cake. I can't find the cake recipe right now, but following is the icing recipe. I've had this one in one of my cookbooks for years, and finally gave it a try! I don't think I'll find a better one! I could have just licked the bowl clean!

Beat 8 oz. cold cream cheese (not rock solid, but it means you can use it straight from the fridge) with 5 tbsp softened butter and 2 tsp vanilla until combined. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar that has been sifted after measuring. Continue to add more sifted sugar until you reach a consistancy and sweetness that fits your taste (I ended up adding about a half cup more powdered sugar to thicken it up!).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails