Thursday, July 26, 2007

Razzy Banana Breakfast Cake

I stumbled upon this recipe last night (Razzy caught my eye), while searching the web. It sounds really good to me & I'll probably get the stuff to make it next time I buy groceries. I'll let you know how it turns out.





3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 eggs
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
Frosting:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1 to 2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 9" square baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and banana. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in milk, sour cream and almond extract. Stir in flour and baking powder just until moistened.
Pour half of batter into prepared pan and top with raspberries. Pour remaining batter over berries.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar with butter and stir in just enough lemon juice to make a spreading consistency. Spread over warm cake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails