Thursday, February 08, 2007

(Semi)Semi-Homemade Ravioli Bake

One more from Nicki.

I got this recipe from a woman at church who has 8 children. I've made some changes to it, though. She uses homemade spaghetti sauce and I use sauce from a jar, because, you know, I'm just too busy with my 3 kids to make homemade sauce.


1 bag of frozen ravioli (I use cheese ravioli, but there are several kinds out there. My daughter swears that the circle shaped raviolis taste the best. So, when I feel like spicing things up, I'll sometimes mix circle and square shaped raviolis.)

1 medium size jar of spaghetti sauce (I use Prego Traditional. Or, as I mentioned before, if you have 8 kids or your more of a potato gnocchi-type person, you can make your own sauce.)

3 cups of shredded mozzarella (We love cheese.)

Take a large baking dish, pour a thin coat of spaghetti sauce in bottom. Layer bottom of dish with half of the frozen raviolis, cover with half the spaghetti sauce, and then half the cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake in a preheated 375° oven, for approximately 1 hour.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails