Friday, October 20, 2006

Vegetable Beef Soup

I grew up eating this soup & it's one of my all time favorites. I love it with cornbread. Mom, sometimes would clean out the fridge & just throw leftovers in the pot, so I never knew exactly what would be in it. But it was always delicious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 lb. ground chuck (beef or round)
1 big can crushed tomatoes
1 bag frozen vegetables w/ tomatoes & okra ( or large can of Veg-all)
6 med potatoes, peeled & diced
S & P
*Add leftover veggies from the fridge.

Brown meat & drain the grease. Add all ingredients & then water to cover it. Cook for 1 hour. Be sure the potatoes are done. Cook on med/low heat to keep from scorching.

**Instead of ground beef you can use stew meat or chicken.
Be creative & add things you like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do something similar with the "pickies" in my house. I do the browned ground beef, spicy V8 juice, a can of corn, a can of French green beans, and a can of potatoes in a crockpot for a few hours. The "pickies" inhale it. I would like to put other veggies in it but they would have a fit.

Kim in Missouri.

Related Posts with Thumbnails