Sunday, August 13, 2006

Chicken Tortilla Soup




This one is from Jamie also.
I first had this recipe after I gave birth to my first
son in 2002. Someone brought it over to my house. I
have vivid recollections of my husband, dad, and
brother-in-law watching an Alabama football game and
chowing down on this soup! I made a few 'Jamie'
adjustments to get it just like I wanted it, and have
had no complaints...only empty bowls!

This is an excellent 'comfort' food. I made it today
for my Mom. This was the only thing that sounded good
to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 can cream of chicken
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can rotelle (drain for less spice)
2 can chicken broth
1/2 small block of velveeta
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 pkg taco seasoning

While cooking chicken, put soups in a large pot. Mix
all soups with just one soup can full of milk. Only
after you have mixed until there are no lumps, add
broth and rotelle. Then add taco seasoning and
cheese. Once chicken is cooked and cubed, add to
soup. Let simmer 30 minute to an hour to allow
flavors to mix. You can also make this is the crock
pot and/or use canned chicken.

Serve it with shredded cheese, sour cream, etc on top.
You can toast or warm some tortillas for the side,
but my family enjoys tortilla chips to dip in it! It
freezes well too.


***Note from Crystal*** I've made this soup before & it is incredibly good!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is one of my husbands favorite things I cook. He even says it is better than his mom's soup! Very yummy and extremely easy!

Jessica

Related Posts with Thumbnails