Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blackberry Wine Bundt Cake

This recipe is from Bomba.

People like this when I make it. If you do not like blackberry, you can substitute the wine and jello for another matching flavor and make that kind instead. (example: peach wine and peach jello)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1/3 Cup Oil
3 oz. Black Cherry Jello Mix
3/4 Cup Blackberry Wine
1 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)

*Glaze Mix*

1 Stick Margarine
1/2 Cup Blackberry Wine
1/2 Box Confectionery Sugar
(refer to notes at bottom!)

*Grease bundt pan and add 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Place all remaining ingredients together in a bowl and mix until batter is smooth. Pour into the bundt and bake at 350 for 50 minutes. About 5 minutes before the cake is done, mix the glaze in a small saucepan and bring to a full boil. Remove the cake when done and spoon the glaze over the cake while it is in the pan. Allow the cake to cool before turning onto a cake plate.



NOTES: Some helpful tips: I use "White Betty Crocker" cake mix instead of yellow. I specify Betty Crocker!
Watch the cake! Mine cooks within 35-40min. in the oven at 350 and not 50 min. (each persons oven cooks different!) my rule of thumb-when you can smell the cake, it is done!!!
For the Glaze; I only use "1/4 Box Of Confectionery Sugar" instead of 1/2 box.
I found the 1/2 to be too sweet.
Lastly-before I dump my cake over, I take a butter knife and go around the edges of the cake to loosen it up.(I go as far down as I can without cutting into the cake. When I get it dumped over, I take the remaining glaze and drizzle it on what is now the top!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails