Sunday, June 04, 2006

Texas Surprise Soup

This is one my own creations & it's so yummy! I call it a surprise soup, because I was surprised at how good it turned out. The idea for it came to me as I was buying groceries one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 cooked boneless/skinless chicken breast (shredded)
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 box chicken broth
1/2 a cup of rice uncooked rice
cilantro ~to taste
1/2 of an jalapeno (chopped)
1/2 of an onion (chopped)
Southwest seasoning ~to taste
Garlic salt ~to taste
S & P

Cook your chicken. Then add all ingredients (do not drain the can goods), except for the rice. I cook it for about an hour, sometimes more on Medium. Then when it's almost done I'll add the rice, so it can cook in the soup. Rice is optional though.

This is also a great recipe to cook in the crockpot. Just through in all ingredients except for the rice. Let it cook all day. When you are almost ready to eat, take out the chicken, shred it & add the rice so the rice can cook.

We like to eat it with sour cream & corn chips.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails